So, if you are really looking forward to save few bucks – plan ahead and carry out some serious research before you book flight tickets with hotels. In simple language, saving on a flight fare actually begins at the planning stage. Here are few tips to help you along the way –
Be a bit tech savvy
- There are hundreds of apps available on the app store that can help you book your flights. The apps offers different color codes for flights, these colours shows either flights based on price or the travelling distance, this can help you plan better. These booking apps can also alert you for low pricing for specific destinations.
- Try subscribing to the news letter and alerts – many apps and websites like the flight booking site or the hotel booking sites provides special secret deals in there newsletters. Also companies offer their long term members extra discount on early-bird or last-minute bookings.
- Make sure you check all the deals listed on the Meta search channels like Trivago etc. The reason is that almost every websites shows top search results first, so chances are a good deal might be on the very next page etc.
- Follow the flight and the accommodation sites on the social media for special deals and discount. It’s worth giving a shot. Checking out their social media page will also keep you update in case there is a giveaway or a special contest going on.
- If you are travelling on the flight take with you your own food – some ready to eat packages. But if you are a foodie then check some trip advising sites for pocket friendly and popular restaurants in your area!
- Get a new SIM card at the airport – available almost every international airport. Buy a 2 day or a week plan and you might get some flight coupons along with it. This will help you save a ton of money.
Entertainer books are the best city guide books and come with a coupon attached to it. These coupons offer you great saving option when you book flight tickets with hotels.